7/15/13

Orange Julius recipe


Have you ever had an Orange Julius?  I personally have not, but I found this recipe on Pinterest and it looked so good in the picture, that I went on a lim... and made it. Real shocker, isn't it?  What drew me to make this drink was how simple and "different" it seemed from all the rest summery drinks.  You just have to try something new sometimes.  I made these drinks and it literally only took ten minutes from start to finish.  The process was so easy and fast, which is always nice right?

Okay, now that I've (hopefully) convinced you to make this drink, let me tell you what it tastes like... a creamsicle... which is pure awesomeness in my book.

Orange Julius  recipe via here
1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 to 12 ice cubes

In a blender, combine the orange juice, milk, water, sugar and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time, through the opening in lid. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-5 servings.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Uh oh, I think I might just have to make this one Jo..... Finally a beverage recipe that I can actually make lol! We always seem to not have that certain ingredient... But this one I know I'll be able to whip up!

    Thanks for sharing

    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness i have actually never had an orange julius but have been wanting to try one for ages. i think i might have to make this recipe tonight :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom makes them all the time, and personally I prefer the strawberry ones over the orange ones, but they're all good!! :)

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a little note! I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. :)