9/8/11

Funnel Cakes! :)

My mom got this recipe from a magazine a long time ago.  I was so thrilled when she told me that we had a Funnel Cake recipe!  Here it is.

                                                                     Funnel Cakes

Ingredients:
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups cooking oil  (I just used Canola oil.  One time we were out of Canola oil so I just used lard, and          that worked fine)

In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk.  Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture; beat smooth with rotary beater.  (test mixture to see if it flows easily through funnel.  If too thick, add milk; if too thin, add flour.)  In 8-inch skillet, heat cooking oil to 360 degrees (I used a candy thermometer to check the temperature).  Covering bottom opening  of funnel with finger, pour a generous 1/2 cup batter into funnel.  Remove finger and release batter into hot oil in a spiral shape.  Fry till golden, about 3 minutes.  Using wide spatula and tongs, turn cake carefully.  Cook 1 minute more.  Drain on paper toweling; sprinkle with sifted confectioners' sugar.  (It says it only makes 4 cakes but I got 5 out  of one batch).
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a little note! I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. :)